Alright, this is the last one for now, and this is 110% what I’m here for this year! I’m long overdue to go back to Sci-Fi/Fantasy fiction, so seeing the Swords and Stars challenge being hosted by Ms. NoseinaBook was perfect timing. Below is my plan so far! I’ll be avoiding Tolkien since I read him every other day of the year, and my go-to SF favourites Asimov and Verne.
1) Read a book with Dragons in it
Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows
2) Read a book over 500 pages
The Once and Future King by T.H. White
3) Read an SFF novella
4) Read a first book in a series
5) Read a Science Fiction classic
Dune by Frank Herbert
6) Read a Fantasy classic
Beowulf (not the Tolkien version!)
7) Read a book whose title matches the first letter of your last name
8) Read a book that has a weapon on the cover
9) Read a book that has a Spaceship on the cover
10) Read a book that has been adapted
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
11) Read a book with time travel in it
12) Read a book that has been on your TBR shelf for over 2 years
13) Read a book whose cover has stars in it or whose title has any variation of the word star in it
(this will undoubtedly be one of the many Star Wars novels on my TBR)
14) Read a book with magical realism in it
15) Read an SFF graphic novel
(possibly Piper, which I saw in the bookstore – must check author)
16) Read a Sequel
17) Read a diverse SFF book
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Ayedemi
18) Read a Random SFF book – your pick!
19) Read a fantasy book inspired by another story, fairytale, myth etc.
20) Read a book with a map
I’ll definitely be adding something by N.K. Jemisin on here sometime soon!